PhDr. Christopher Erwin Koy, M.A., Ph.D.
room: TL 306
phone: 387 773 204
- Literature of the United States (esp. realism, naturalism, African American and Jewish American Literature)
- EFL (English as a Foreign Language)
- Irish Studies
Ph.D., Charles University, Prague (FF-Dept. of Anglophone Literatures and Cultures)
M.A., University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
B.A., Beloit College
Summer Semester 2016/17:
Winter Semester 2017/2018:
Topics for bachelor theses
[ Please Note: Theses under Dr. Koy's supervision must be written in English ]
- Vampires in Literary History (taken=A. Sedlaková)
- Teaching as a Theme in American Short Fiction
- African American Satire: Analysis of Schulyer's Black No More and Kelley's A Different Drummer
- Realism in the Short Stories of William Dean Howells
- The Plight of Louisiana Women in the Fiction of Kate Chopin
- Ashkenazi Assimilation in New York City in the Short Fiction of Anzia Yezierska
- "BREXIT" and Ireland: What Are the Possible Implications?
- Portraits of the Native American "Indians" in Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Washington Irving and Nathaniel Hawthorne.
Topics for diploma works
- Depictions of Blacks and Jews in Fiction by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Terrorism in American Novels by Irving, Roth and Updike
- The American Civil War in Fiction
- Morality in the Grocery Store: the 'Good Man' in Malamud's The Assistant and Steinbeck's The Winter of Our Discontent.
- Portraits of Jazz Musicians in African American Fiction by James W. Johnson and John A. Williams.
LITTERARIA PRAGENSIA – THE WORLDLINESS OF PHILIP ROTH 25:49 (Guest Editor, July 2015)
LITTERARIA PRAGENSIA – REAPPRAISING THE BLACK LITERARY TRADITION 21:41 (Journal Guest Editor, July 2011)
STEP BY STEP. ANGLIČTINA PRO SAMOUKY (2nd edition, 2007) učebnice
Formátovat stránku pro tisk
[ Katedra anglistiky ]
[ Další katedry PF JU ]
[ Jihočeská univerzita ]
[ Pedagogická fakulta ]
© 2015–2017 KAJ PF JU správa webu: Martin Toman